Monday, November 27, 2006

struggling once again...

Writing Destiny is feeling more and more like pulling teeth at the moment. I know where I want the story to go, but getting there is so slow. Part of the problem is the fact that I've set the story up so that she's currently alone. Which, of course, means she has no one to talk to but herself. And in a first person story, that can bog down pretty damn quick.

But there's just no other way around it. To do anything else wouldn't have been realistic for the characters or the storyline thus far. And there's some good writing in the early parts of this, so there's no way I'd be rewriting anyway. I'm just going to have to suck it up and keep going, and hope like hell this section doesn't bog down too much.

And in extra good news for us Damien fans, he actually won Aussie Idol. Which was a total surprise, because all week the build-up had been for Jess, and I pretty much thought she had it in the bag. (She has a great voice, but I think she needs more time. She's only seventeen, and the last time we had someone that young win, they sunk real fast under the pressure.) Anyway, the net result is that Damo has his single out, and will be given months instead of the usual five days to do his album (yes, Sony BMG have finally learned a lesson). Thankfully, he's also re-arranged the single so that it's soft rock/pop rather than the usual crappy diva song BMG has forced on all our idols thus far. If you want to check it out, click this. It's not a brilliant song, but it's a hundred percent better than the previous ones.

4 Comments:

Blogger RenĂ©e said...

I agree Keri! It's a much better winner's song than the rest and I like how he's rearranged it.
So glad he won, too.

9:07 AM, November 27, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I so enjoy reading your blog. The best part of this one was the link to your IDOL. What a talented young man and I wouldn't have heard a thing about him here in America if you hadn't included the link!! Thanks so much for sharing!!

11:04 PM, November 27, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have half of one chapter like that in the rough draft I just finished. There's no one but my MC, and she's figuring stuff out. No dialogue except when she talks to herself.

My CP slaughtered the chapter, and she was right. It sucks. I'm not sure how I'm going to fix it yet, and I dread even looking at it.

6:23 AM, November 28, 2006  
Blogger Kez said...

I dread to look at this muck--but I'm slogging on. As the saying goes, muck on pages can be fixed. Empty pages can not.

and Sony are releasing a DVD of all damien's performances for christmas--a way for them to make money until his cd is out in March. This mug will be donating to Sony's coffers, that's for sure :)

9:49 PM, November 29, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home