Wednesday, November 15, 2006

crazy...

that's what the weather is going to be today. We're two weeks from the start of summer, we've had a winter and spring that's basically had no rain and temps in the mid to high 30's (around 90 F) and what are they predicting today? Snow! On the Dandenongs and Macedon, of all places. I mean, these mountains are close to Melbourne and aren't particularly big mountain ranges, so you can bet your boots it's going to be cold in old Melbourne town today. I think me and the dogs will be staying inside were it's warm.

In writing news, I'm currently editing Embraced by Darkness, so I can choof it off to my editor at the end of the week. So far, I've only found a few goofs, but I am worried that I'm just too close to the story and not seeing the problems. Usually I let a story sit for a month or so before I go back, giving me fresh eyes to edit with, but the tightness of the deadline has made that impossible. It'll be interesting to see just how much worse the edits for this one are. But the good thing is that the two storylines seem to be holding together just fine. I was a bit worried when I was writing it that it might be slow in places, but so far, that doesn't seem to be a problem. Of course, I'm now near the section where I changed plot direction, so it could all go to hell in a handbasket soon :)

Once Embraced is finished, I'll finally be free to work on Destiny. I'm still not sure whether I'll be writing a sequel to this one or not--it just depends on what happens at the end. I've got a few ideas for the sixth Riley book perculating away, so once Destiny is finished, I'll swing onto that one. At least I'll have plenty of time to write it--no contract deadlines looming for that one just yet :)

1 Comments:

Blogger Yolanda Sfetsos said...

Snow on the Dandenongs? Really? OMG! What's going on with the weather? Here in Sydney it's been super crazy weather ALL year as well. It hardly even feels like Spring at the moment. :/

Good luck with the editing!

10:14 AM, November 15, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home