Tuesday, October 10, 2006

finally...

it's been something of a slow few days for writing. Actually, on Sunday and Monday, it was none existant, but that was due to the fact that I had stuff to do, (and stuff to watch... like Bathhurst. Love the big v8's racing around the mountain :)) more than any real avoidence of writing. I think half the problem has been that I just didn't know where this story was going--or how I was going to get to the end. Because I've known how I wanted it to end for a while, but that's been about it. So, on Saturday, after a particularly slow, dragged-out writing day, I decided enough was enough and started plotting my way towards the end. Plotting! Me! Wonders will never cease. Of course, my version of plotting consists of nothing more than bullet points that give me direction. For example, here's part of what I wrote:

-Go to club and sneak into secure area
-Get sprung
-Big fight.
-Gets banged on head and knocked out.
-Wakes on island, in prison.
-Escapes
-Hunted off a cliff.

So as you can see, I'm not heavy on details, but it's enough to get me where I have to go. It's enough for the muse to work on. Hopefully, the writing process will speed up a little now that I have guidelines.

In other news, I'm hoping to get the first chapter excerpts up on my site soon, so keep an eye open for that. And the contest should be up and running in the next couple of days--I just have to find a pic of the beanie bear that's going to be a part of the prizes. Oh, and I'll be running a seperate contest for my newsletter folk to, which will be announced in the upcoming first edition newsletter--coming very soon!

1 Comments:

Blogger Marie said...

Just thought I'd pop in to say hi. I really love your blog.

With plotting I do something similar myself. I just write in what I want to happen and where I want to go in capital letters and work on it later.

I look forward to reading your excerpts.

8:38 PM, October 10, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home