Tuesday, October 03, 2006

back on track...

well, after good writing days on Sunday and Monday, (10 and 13 pages respectively) I am now officially back on track with my writing target. 290 pages done and dusted, and 110 minimum to write by the end of October. Now all I need to do is try and get ahead, to make up for those days I'm undoubtedly going to miss when we move house. Plot wise, this novel is still paddling along. I'm not a plotter, I'm a pantzer, so every page is a new experience for me--and sometimes a terrifying one, especially when the words aren't coming and I'm sitting here staring at a blank screen wondering what the heck I'm going to write next. That happened yesterday--and I ended up taking some of my own, oft-given advice. When in doubt, blow something up or shoot someone. And while that doesn't have to be literal, in this case it was. And it's actually been good, because it's now given me ideas--and reasons--for why the ending scene happens as it does (sorry, can't say anything more without giving spoilers!)

In other, non-writing related news, Pete and I bought a combined record player/cd recorder yesterday, so we can finally start transfering some of the great old vinyl records we have onto cd. We have, between us, something like 250 old vinyl records, and some of them are just impossible to get on cd these days. And they're great records--some classics, some one hit wonders, some just good old fashioned decent music. At least this way we'll be able to listen to them again--and we'll have the option of either listening via the record player or cd. Yay!

1 Comments:

Blogger Kez said...

It's a TEAC GF 350. It's not a pretty thing (basically a black box with a lift up lid) and the speakers in the system are okay, not great. But it records just fine, and when connected to an amp and proper speakers, sounds just fine. And of course, you can not only listen to vinyl but record it. Magic!

here's the link to Teac: http://www.teacgf-350.com/

8:27 PM, October 06, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home