Wednesday, September 13, 2006

two steps forward, one back...

finally managed to finish the Tempting Evil galley on Monday, and I've choofed off the corrections to Bantam. Which leaves me free to write again--at least until the next lot of edits, or galleys come in. :)

Yesterday was a stop start sort of day when it came to writing. In the morning, I read through the last couple of chapters of Embraced to get a feel for where I was, then I decided re-grouting the bath was a better option. (ten years of wear and tear had made the grouting along the edge of the bath all cracked and horrible, and given we're selling the house, I thought we'd better do something about it.) So, I regrouted, which wasted a whole hour. Not nearly enough time in my muse's opinion, but I sat down anyway. It felt like pulling teeth, but I managed to write five pages in the end. Then it was lunch, and after that, taking the dogs for a walk, and then other household chores I usually avoid unless I'm trying to avoid writing. I finally made myself sit down after tea and read what I'd wrote. It read like it had felt when being written--like teeth being pulled. So, I deleted two pages, rewrote the others, then ended up adding another five. My overall pagecount for the day was eight, but the reality was probably more like eleven. But the good thing is that I finally got a clue as to where the current scene was leading, and Riley is finally about to get into a number of fight scenes. Yay! Doesn't feel like a real story until someone is smacking flesh. My muse is a violent little soul at times. :D

2 Comments:

Blogger rssasrb said...

Hi Keri,

Just read Full Moon Rising. Really enjoyed it and I don't usually like books about vampires. I'm going out to find your others now. Have to know what happens to Riley.

12:40 AM, September 17, 2006  
Blogger Kez said...

Glad to hear you enjoyed FMR, Robin! :) Riley's next book comes out in Feb--actually, her next three come out Feb to April, then the fifth is coming out in July. Plenty of Riley reading to come :)

8:23 AM, September 18, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home