Wednesday, August 30, 2006

one short down...

two books to go!

I finished the short story yesterday, which means I did a total of 53 pages in three and a half day. That's a damn fine effort, even if I have to say so myself. And I love the story. The characters were fun to write, and hopefully, the story is a good mix action and sexiness (no love--sorry, I just can't write a complete love story in 63 pages! But I'm happy to leave readers with the possibility that a HEA is in the works :) )

So, today I'm back to writing the fifth Riley. And I have to get my butt into gear, because I'm effectively days behind my schedule now. I'm not sure if I can keep up the level of writing I achieved with the short, but it sure would be handy if I could. It'd give me more time to edit, that way. Of course, once I finished writing the 5th Riley, it's back to writing the Loch Ness book, which is now due in March. Luckily, I only have a hundred or so pages of that to write. Not sure what I'll do after I finish those two--I have several ideas for more Riley books, and there's a sequel to the Loch Ness planned (well, as much as I ever plan anything), but I also have this really cool idea about a phoenix who dreams about future events and tries to prevent them from coming true. This one is set in the same world as my Loch Ness book, and is sort of connected (I'm planning to introduce at least one of the characters in the second Loch Ness book.) So I guess that means I have no choice which to write first, even if the muse would rather play with the phoenix next.

5 Comments:

Blogger Yolanda Sfetsos said...

Congrats on getting the short done, Keri! Yay... and cool about the muse being fired up too. :)

9:50 AM, August 30, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Any time plans to write the ending to "Penumbra"?

8:41 PM, August 30, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Any plans to finish up the ending to Penumbra in the near future?

8:43 PM, August 30, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on the awesome effort! Can't wait to read it all.

Please excuse my ignorance, but what's an HEA?

Wendy

1:43 AM, September 01, 2006  
Blogger Kez said...

thanks for the congrats, everyone :)

dolly, I'm sorry to say that at the moment, the fourth in the spook squad books isn't on the horizon. I've simply got too many other books to write right now. But I won't say never--the muse may just latch onto a decent idea for the end, and away we'll go.

bespelled, there's lots more riley adventures to come! Four more books are coming out next year.

Wendy, HEA stands for happy ever after :)

10:04 AM, September 05, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home