Saturday, October 27, 2007

the greys are gone...

I didn't do any writing on Thursday. I had to go to the quack for the usual yearly check-up, which generally means sitting in the waiting room for several hours bored senseless, because our doctor never runs to appointment times and I'd forgotten to bring a book. I went to gym afterward, and decided while I was there that I'd really had enough of the grey. I may be heading towards the big five-0 at a rate of knots, but that doesn't mean I actually have to look like it. So, I jumped into the car, drove back to Wallan, and walked into the local hairdresser and said do something. And she did. :) I now have a new colour, new foils, and a new cut, and all is good.

Isn't it amazing just how much better you feel with a new hair do?

I did write yesterday. Because I'd managed to write 5 pages on Mercy Burns on Wednesday, I decided to open Riley 7 and have a go at that. I'm still switching between the stories, just to keep the muse on her toes. I have to admit, it was a bit of a struggle at first, but I think that's mainly because the bad guys are still forming for me in this one. I'm not entirely sure where I want this story to head--although, oddly enough, I do know how it ends. But then, I know how book 8 ends, too, and I can tell you, it isn't pretty. If you think I've been mean to Riley up to now, just wait to you read that book. lol.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ack. Why must you torture us? Lol. I almost cried at the end of the last book.
-M

11:17 AM, October 27, 2007  
Blogger Robyn Enlund said...

Greys! i can so relate. I kept wondering why people's eyes were drifting to my forehead until i noticed three giant wiry grey hairs leaping out like bloody antenae.

3:41 PM, October 28, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home