Monday, September 24, 2007

a good weekend...

It was a watching rather than writing weekend this weekend, and I enjoyed every minute of it :)

It all started Friday night, when we headed off to see the live version of Jeff Wayne's War of the Worlds. I absolutely loved that album when it first came out (27 years ago!) and I have both the vinyl and cd versions to this day. Let me tell you, the live version sounded even better than the album. The music, the singers, the effects --they even had a Martian fighting machine that descended from the ceiling! -- were just brilliant. Original singers blended well with the new, and the computer generated Richard Burton (looking a whole lot younger than he actually was when he did this album) was just great. All in all, a brilliant show.

We also go a new sound system installed on Friday, so most of Saturday and Sunday were spent watching movies. The Bose system is so crystal clear that I've heard sounds in LOTR that I've never noticed before--and you can have it up really, really loud, and it doesn't distort. Good thing we don't have close neighbours, I can tell you :)

So, not a lot of writing was done. I got a couple of pages written of Mercy, but that's about it. Today I've got to finish printing out Riley 6 so I can give that a final read through before sending it on to my editor on Wednesday or Thursday. I'm hoping I won't find too much wrong with it. Then, hopefully, the muse will settle down with one of these stories and I'll be able to get some serious writing done. :)

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Kerri. Just wanted to say; you're awesome. Lol I know you hear that a lot but tis true. Lol. Your books are great to read especially when I need to relax. Comfort books. Can't wait 'til the next comes out. Lots of love. - M.

9:52 AM, September 24, 2007  
Blogger Jaye Patrick said...

I'm tellin' ya, the Red Weed part of the album still creeps me out. To this day, I can't listen to that bit at night.

But I love the album, even if I skip the Red Weed bit.

5:29 PM, September 24, 2007  
Blogger frangelica said...

Sorry to be two weeks behind on your posts, but good gods, did you have to point out that War of the Worlds came out over a QUARTER OF A CENTURY ago?

I loved that album too, with Phil Lynott wailing away, and those synths on Red Weed.... and not an October goes by without my humming "Forever Autumn"....

But now, you'll have excuse me. I have to go color my hair, since you've pointed out my age so thoroughly!

12:45 PM, October 10, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home