Friday, August 31, 2007

Mercy begins...

I've officially started the follow-up book to the currently unapproved Destiny Kills. Mercy Burns (my working title) features Mercy, the reporter sister of the hero in the first book (she's also mentioned a few times in that book) and Luke, our sea dragon hero who happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time, and who is now kinda mad and determined to get revenge. Sounds like fun, huh? :) I really like the starting few lines of this one, but I'm not so sure about the other bits yet. There's been lots of deleting so far, even though I'm only 8 pages in, but that's not entirely unusual. I'm still trying to get a feel for the heroines voice (and trying to make her not sound like Riley, which is a little hard after so many books in Riley's world.)

Of course, I've also got ideas for riley 7 hitting thick and fast, but I'm missing an idea for the big bad, so until I get that, I really can't start writing. I may be a seat-of-the-pants writer, but seven books in, I really need at least some idea of where I'm going. I do know where the emotional plot is going in the next three books, but I still need the big bad. Looks like I'll have to start googling old myths and legends again :)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sea dragon hero-that really sounds like fun.

2:51 PM, September 04, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home