Wednesday, August 08, 2007

more stop than start...

I finally got a decent bit of writing done, though as the title suggests, there was a whole lot of stop-starting involved. The problem was, I was writing one of the big fight scenes, and while I normally have no trouble with them, this one involved one of the main characters getting their stomach sliced right open. Now, I love google, but yesterday it just wasn't in a giving mood. Finding emergency first aid details about a stomach wound was more difficult than I thought it would be (though I did find some fascinating articles about neck wounds, arm wounds, head wounds, & thigh wounds that I'm sure will come in handy in the future.) I eventually found some basic instructions in a medical journal, but other than that, everything I found said get them to a hospital ASAP. Well, gee, even I'd figured that one out. What I needed to know was what to do when their intestines were spilling out everywhere....

Yes, yes, I'm gruesome woman at times :)

Anyway, the scene is written, and if I've made any medical mistakes, it's not through lack of looking, okay? Now I've just got to write the aftermath scene at the hospital, then get Riley back to the other investigation. I was actually hoping to have this book finished by now, but if I can get it done in the next couple of weeks, that still gives me plenty of time to let it sit before I do corrections and hand it in.

Tomorrow I'm off to the RWAustralia conference in Sydney, so I may not be online as much for the next four days. So if you send me an email, and don't get a reply, that's why!

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

It sounds like the book will be as great as all the others. I cant wait till I can get my hands on it and read it

6:16 AM, August 09, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keri - you're more affected than many people about this latest book seller kerfluffle. What are your thoughts?

http://blogs.smh.com.au/entertainment/archives/undercover/014948.html?page=fullpage

1:47 AM, August 11, 2007  
Blogger cindy said...

it's funny as i found your blog by googling "stab wounds". i was hoping for a first person account and got nothing but yours online!

7:00 AM, August 11, 2007  
Blogger WitchyMommy said...

does this mean there will be another book for the riley jenson series...i finished EBD and was sad to notice a totally different series was coming(not that i am complaining, i will be starting one of the other series as soon as i have the money to buy the darn book)....but i got on the site read the blog and my heart did a dance......oh please let it be true!

4:33 PM, August 11, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home