Monday, July 23, 2007

back to the grind...

not that writing is a chore compared to other jobs I've done, but some days things just seem to grind along. You know, the days when the words won't come and the muse just wants a holiday. Which is what I've spent the better part of the afternoon doing--looking at island holidays. I might actually treat the family to some time away together once I get all my books written. :)

This morning I was a little more industrious, though. I finally finished the Destiny Kills edits and sent them off, so now I just have to hope that Anne likes the changes, so it can move on to the line-editing stage. If she doesn't, I think the muse and I will both cry, because I'm just not sure where else I can go with the story. With that sent off, I then did my tax, which had to be up to tax guy this week.

So, now, I'm sitting here looking at Riley 6, feeling less than thrilled. Not sure why I feel this way, I just do. Maybe the muse is still feeling a little jetlagged. Whatever the reason, she'd better start moving her well-rounded butt--I need to get this finished within two weeks, so that means I have to write a minimum of 7 pages a day.

I think the muse just fainted...

1 Comments:

Blogger Jenna Black said...

I have every confidence you can do it! Get your muse some smelling salts and put her back to work!

5:07 AM, July 24, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home