Wednesday, June 27, 2007

battling on...

that's what the writing feels like at the moment. A battle. Not so much Riley 6, because I have that plotted out, and know where I'm going with it, so it's just a matter of finding the right words. And I've loved the last couple of scenes--mainly because Quinn's back, and it's such fun writing that vampire. And I'm leading up a big turning point in Rhoan's and Liander's relationship (the shite is about to hit the fan big time) and I can't wait to get there.

No, the battle I've been having is with Destiny Kills--or, as I'm starting to call it, the story that never ends. That's what it feels like at the moment--it's just going on and on and on. Don't get me wrong--I love this story--but right now, I hate it, too. This is the third major rewrite its undergone, and I have absolutely no idea what I've written into the story and what I haven't. It's all just one big muddle in my mind. I'm sure the end result will be worth it, but for the moment I can't see the forest for the trees. Or the plot through the mess.

Of course, it doesn't help that Destiny is due ASAP, and Riley 6 has to be handed in by September. I'm currently working on both the books each day--doing 5 pages on Riley, and 20 on Destiny--and switching between the two different voices and styles gets a little confusing. But if I can keep up that pace until I leave for the RWAmerica conference, that'll mean the Destiny edits will be finished--and ready to be printed out and corrected--and Riley 6 would have hit the three-quarters of the way mark.

Keep your fingers crossed for me! I need all the help I can get at the moment :)

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Rachel Vincent said...

Bless your heart, Keri! I know how you feel, but you said it much better than I did. ;-)

I'm wishing you lots of chocolate, mainly to get it away from me. I eat entirely too much during revisions. ;-)

4:45 AM, June 28, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep battling!!! Some of us readers are just biting out nails off just waiting to get our hands on your upcoming books!! We love you, and you are such an amazing author!

2:56 PM, June 28, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home