Sunday, June 10, 2007

funny stuff....

saw this over on It's My Blog, and had to steal it:



In other news, I managed to get six pages done yesterday, and I'm hoping for about the same today. But in between the pages, I cruised the net--or rather, youtube--for previews of new shows. How many great paranormal-themed shows are there coming out soon? Love it! Here's some preview links to shows that caught my eye:

New Amsterdamn
-- about New York City homicide detective John Amsterdam who is cursed with immortality

Pushing Daisies -- a blend of romance, crime procedural and high-concept fantasy in a forensic fairytale about a young man with a very special gift. From Bryan Fuller ("Heroes") and Barry Sonnenfeld ("Men in Black")

The Reaper --a 21 year old guy discovers his parents sold his soul to the devil and that he's now a reaper, collecting escaped souls for the devil.

Moonlight -- follows Mick St. John, an immortal vampire and private investigator and his struggle to exist with the curse of being undead. It also follows his internal torment as he falls in love with one he should not

Torchwood -- a BBC production that follows the adventures of a team of investigators as they use alien technology to solve crime; both alien and human. (this one starts here in Oz on July 18th--yay!)

and of course, I can't wait for the third season of supernatural--how good has that series gotten!

2 Comments:

Blogger Angela James said...

I downloaded Torchwood off the internet, since I'm in the US and it won't be here until...fall maybe? And at the time I watched it, there were no plans to bring it here. I liked the first 3/4 of the episodes, had a what the heck moment at about that point and was highly disappointed in the season finale. Very strange. But I'm looking forward to the second season. Can't wait to hear what you think of it. Those other shows sound interesting, as well!

7:05 AM, June 13, 2007  
Blogger Kez said...

One thing I've discovered--and love-- about UK series, is they don't always do the expected. There's another UK series--primeval--that I've been watching, and the ending of that was a brilliant twist. Totally wasn't expecting it! Luckily, they're making a second series now. :)

Can't wait to see what the twist is in Torchwood!

8:10 AM, June 13, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home