Tuesday, May 29, 2007

yay me!

I finished the edits that didn't want to be finished! To repeat, yay me! I rock :D

I didn't think it was ever going to happen, because it was such a massive rewrite. The basic structure of the Destiny story is still there, but switching it from the first of a continuing series to the first of a stand-alone series (each book featuring a different hero and heroine) was way tougher than I thought it would be. And it just goes to prove--you should always follow your instincts. When I was first writing this book, I got about half way through when the muse waved a frantic hand and suggested this wasn't going to work as a continuing series. It needed to be a stand-alone. But it had been sold as a two-book series, and that's what I felt I had to write. Even Miriam said I had to finish it as is, and see what happens. So, that's what I did, and back it came with a ton of edit comments, including the confirmation that yep, it stunk as is, and really needed to be a fantasy romance stand-alone.

The rewrite is great though--sooooo much happier with it now. Love the ending, and love all the extra world-building information I've put in there. And I also happened to get a couple of great story ideas for follow-on books, which is always a bonus :)

So now, all I have to do is a final read-through, then this baby is out the door. Then I just have to hope my editor likes the changes as much as I do. And now, finally, I can get back to writing Riley 6

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger HD said...

Well done Keri :) I also love your Label "I Rock" that's very funny!

5:05 PM, May 29, 2007  
Blogger Kez said...

well, I do rock :D

lol!

8:09 AM, May 30, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home