Monday, June 18, 2007

I never knew...and congrats!

I never knew just how addicted I was to email. Or how much time it actually wasted. And now that I'm not getting much email, my world just doesn't seem...right. It's weird, but I feel like I did when I was weaning myself off full-strength tea (I drink so much tea when I'm writing that I really did have to switch to decaffeinated. I was simply getting too many headaches). I'm all twitchy and restless, and keep checking the inbox although I know there's not going to be anything there. Definitely a sign of addiction.

But the good news is, the muse is starting to get motivated. I wrote 9 pages yesterday, which wasn't a bad effort considering I spent all morning working on the RWAustralia website doing much-needed updates. I'm currently in the midst of writing Quinn's first scene in this book, and I have to say, I'm loving it. I missed that man, and it's nice to be writing him again. :)

And while I'm here, I just want to send a huge CONGRATS to Mel, who won RWAustralia's STALI competition with The Wolf Within. Yep, this is the story that has also finaled in RWAust's Emerald Comp and RWAmerica's Golden Heart. The lulus have been telling her for ages it's a great story, but it's nice to have outside confirmation. Now, we've just got to get one of the editors who judged it to buy it, so you can all read it too :)

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger M.J. said...

Thanks : )

And yay you on 9 pages...that pesky email does take up way too much time...says me checking blogs while dinner cooks...

6:10 PM, June 18, 2007  
Blogger Diana said...

you've just made alot of Quinn fans very happy, Keri!! Thank you!!

6:10 AM, June 20, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home