Monday, August 27, 2007

well....

Yum Cha was delish, Freya enjoyed her prezzies, and a fun time was had overall. I went home determined to sit at the computer and write, but the muse and I had a fully belly, and I'm afraid I dragged my heels a good part of yesterday afternoon. Actually, I was cruising the net looking for nice places to go for a holiday--it seems to be a recurring theme of late. Maybe the muse is trying to tell me something. Like, give me a friggin' break! lol.

Anyway, it was late afternoon before the muse got serious, but I think I rewrote the beginning of the last scene a half-dozen times before I found one I was reasonably happy with. Even then, the writing was stop-start. There were some moments where everything flowed, and I loved what was hitting the page, and then there were other bits where I thought, nope, that's not right, and I hit the delete and rewrote the words more than a few times. And of course, I had to stop and watch Australian Idol in the middle of it all. (and as Mel said, the judges had to be on drugs last night, because they were raving about people I thought were either just okay, or absolutely sucked.)

Anyway, the upshot of it all is that I finally managed to finish Riley 6--YAAAAAAYYYYY!

Now I can let it sit and brew for a couple of weeks before I go back and edit. Then we'll see just how big a pile of do-do it really is. Lol.

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Skarrah said...

Yay! You finished! That's great news! Even if it's just the first draft and there's a whole torrent of edits to come.

8:29 AM, August 27, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Way to go Keri!!! I am so happy you finished Riley 6 and now you can take a well deserved break.

My muse just finally woke up after a week. (My three month old was demanding attention all week.)

Congrats on finishing I am very sure no do-do will be involved

8:59 AM, August 27, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats! Don't love that feeling of finishing the 1st draft.

Tom in Texas

10:14 AM, August 27, 2007  
Blogger Tez Miller said...

Many congratulations, and well done, for getting the first draft done. Commitment paid off! ;-)

Have a lovely day! :-)

11:17 AM, August 27, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am very Confused your last book didn't mention anything about the next book but here in your blog it says you are releasing a new riley jenson book. Anywho I love your books and am very excited to see what happens next.

3:08 PM, August 27, 2007  
Blogger Rachel Vincent said...

Yeah! Congratulations!

4:46 AM, August 28, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So...
I just started reading the Riley Jenson series about 2 weeks ago and I've gobbled them up!! I love them and I'm glad that you've got the sixth coming out because Embraced By Darkness left me wonderfully giddy with anticipation.

9:51 AM, September 03, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home