Friday, September 07, 2007

slow progress...

I'm slowly getting there with the edits for The Darkest Kiss. Right now, it's simply a matter of rearranging sentences and taking out extra words. I suspect, however, things might get a little more arduous once I get further into the book. For some reason, my first few chapters of a story always seem to be okay. It's the latter half of the book where things get messy and the plot goes to hell (as proven by Destiny Kills.) One thing is certain though--this book isn't going to get into Miriam's hands by the end of today. I'm now aiming for Monday.

I haven't done anything on Mercy Burns, but I have decided the hero's name (Luke) just isn't working for me. He just doesn't seem like a Luke. I been searching through just about every baby name site google can throw up, and nothing is catching. I have names like Wilder, Damon, Blake, Blade, Trask, and Kai, and while I like them, it's just not firing the muse. Maybe it's the muse's way of saying, nope, sorry, not ready to work on this one anytime soon. Right now, I'm leaning towards Mac. Simple, but strong. However, I might change my mind once I have another cuppa tea. Yep, my muse is that contrary right now

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How about Nathaniel, Logan or Draven??? I especially like the latin names like Alejandro also... but your the best to decide since you know the character... just thought I'd share... good luck!!!

7:05 AM, September 08, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How about Draven?

5:03 PM, September 08, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What about Falcon?

4:12 AM, September 09, 2007  
Blogger 88 said...

Just curious, What are the types of things you edit in a book. Is it basic stuff like grammar or do cut out entire sections? I really enjoy your books and am eagerly waiting to use some gift money to add to my Riley collection.

9:42 AM, September 10, 2007  
Blogger Angela James said...

What about initials instead of a name? Example: JT, AJ, that type of thing. Maybe he's not a "name" kind of guy, but needs initials instead.

1:56 PM, September 10, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Keri Arthur! I just wanted to say that i love your books and i was wondering when the The Darkest Kiss comes out. On your My Books page it has said September 08 and i was wondering if that meant it wouldn't be coming out until next year. Thanks,bye!

11:18 PM, September 10, 2007  
Blogger Jill said...

I'm really looking forward to the next installment of Riley's story. You've done a fantastic job so far and I'm sure Darkest Kiss will also be fantastic.

5:45 AM, September 12, 2007  
Blogger Kez said...

Thanks for the suggestions, everyone. There's some brilliant names there (and I like the initials idea--hadn't even thought of that!)

I'm currently squirreling all names away for possible use in future books if not this one!

8:08 AM, September 12, 2007  
Blogger Kez said...

anon, yes I'm afraid the Darkest Kiss isn't coming out until next year. I simply couldn't keep up with the current release schedule!

8:09 AM, September 12, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well my name is Laura and my best friend/ Cuz introduced me to your book and i havent put it down since. I have each book including Embraced By Darkness and so far its really good. I mean im a writter and this book has been my insperation for a long time and i just wanted to say thank you

10:37 PM, September 13, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home