Wednesday, October 10, 2007

edits ahoy...

I received my edits for Riley 6 today. Anne always sends me an email first--I think so its not so much of a shock when I see the full printed version attached to the manuscript, which is always filled with little red squiggles everywhere. Squiggles that are a bonus to the edit letter. lol. It's actually not as bad as I thought it might be. Most of the comments relate to stuff I simply hadn't fully thought through, and can be easily corrected. The remainder will require some rewriting, but not a whole lot. Overall, I did pretty good on this one. :) Now I just have to wait for the manuscript to arrive on my doorstep, and get down to work.

I did manage to get some writing done on Riley 7 today. Only three pages, but overall I'm very happy with that. I did some fine-tuning--the bad-vampire she's following in the first chapter somehow morphed into a zombie, so I had to go back and fix that. And then she suddenly had a gun, so I had to go back and add that. But I also got a couple of plot ideas jotted down, and the story is finally starting to form in my head. I also got some brilliant ideas about the romantic entanglements in this one. Can't say any more, because that would spoil things, but the muse is rubbing her hands with glee and that's always a good sign. I'm back writing Mercy tomorrow. I'm not sure how long I'll keep switching between the two, but for the moment it seems to be working, so I'm not complaining. :)

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Jenny Trout said...

Hey, Lady! Popping by to say hello! Good luck with revisions. I'm in the middle of that particular hell right now, too.

2:05 AM, October 15, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home