Tuesday, October 09, 2007

it feels like summer...

right now in Melbourne. Blue skies, gloriously warm days. Not a rain cloud in sight. Of course, this is not good news in many ways, simply because we desperately need the rain. The eight year drought is rolling into year nine, and there's no end in sight. We've had enough of the wet stuff to make everything green and bring the major city dams up from 27% to 40%, but things are still pretty dire. Especially for many farmers, who haven't got half the rain that we city people have. They're already warning people to get ready for massive hikes in fruit, meat and milk, simply because the price of feed is going through the roof. I wouldn't mind paying steep prices if the money went to the farmers, but it doesn't. The supermarkets and distributors seem to grab the majority and the poor old farmers get practically nothing....but I guess that's a rant for another day. Along with the rant about our do-nothing-lets-hope-the-rain-appears state government...

Onto some writing stuff. The muse is still playing games. I sat down to write Riley 7 today, and ended up writing 5 pages on Mercy instead. I have to say, I'm loving this story so far, and I really don't want to let it drop. So I'm thinking that I'm going to write both--Mercy one day, Riley the next. Maybe the muse will settle into some sort of rhythm, and we'll get some decent writing done. And if we don't, well, at least there's some decent TV shows coming back on. The Bionic Woman, Heroes, & Life all appeared this week, and the cute boys from Supernatural are back next week. Yay!! I got the season 2 dvd of Supernatural the other day, so if I disappear for a few days, you know I'm doing a marathon. It's research, you know :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home