Sunday, October 28, 2007

games ahoy...

I felt the need to run around and shoot things this weekend, so I got Pete to load up a new shoot-em-up on my computer. There's a few he's got that I haven't played, mainly because I really haven't had the time lately. But with Riley 6 handed in and a slightly more relaxed schedule ahead of me, I've finally have the chance. I love shoot-em-ups--but only the kind where you don't have to think too hard. I hate the ones that throw up puzzles and make me think--games are my relaxation from the strain of writing (yeah....it's an excuse, but hey, it sounds good :) ). Duke Nukem was one of my favs, simply because it had a sense of humour, but the more recent ones like Soldier of Fortune, Unreal, Half Life and Far Cry feature good game play and great graphics. So, what did Pete load? A game charmingly called FEAR--and can I just say that the bloody thing is living up to its name? I've only reached the third level, and it's already creeping me out. Pete reckons its not a game to play at night, and I think I'll be heeding his warning. And that weird little kid who keeps popping up gives me chills...

When I wasn't running around shooting things, I spent time watching DVD's. The Magnificent Seven TV series, to be precise. I bought it mainly because it had Michael Biehn in it, and I just love that man. Luckily, it turns out that the series wasn't all that bad--not fantastic, but very watchable. It also had Eric Close in it, who's not too bad on the eye either :)

Between the game and the DVD, I did surprisingly get a little writing done--six pages, in all. The plot track that carries through this book and the next has began, and tonight someone walked into Riley's life who she's going to have a mighty hard time getting rid of. Does she want to? Oh yeah. Well, maybe.

And that's about it for spoilers tonight.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Jaye Patrick said...

I thoroughly enjoyed Duke Nukem and the wonderful art of Unreal. Don't know I'd be brave enough for Fear, though.

I can also highly recommend Vicki Pettersson's Scent of Shadows, which I picked up because you had a link and the idea sounded interesting. I've got the second one, too...

1:59 PM, October 31, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have to agree with you on the M7. That is a show of great eye candy. Besides the two you mentioned, I also love Dale Midkiff. And Ron Perlman's voice. Just makes a girl go YUMMMMMMMM.

7:04 AM, November 01, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home