Saturday, February 24, 2007

finally, a little bit of progress...

after mucking about all day yesterday designing a new look for my website (which I hope to unveil next week sometime), I finally decided at about 9 o'clock last night that I had better get my rear end into gear and do some writing. Which I did. I don't think it's the greatest prose I've ever written, but at least it's words on page. If I decide it's total crap later on, I can fix it in edits. Right now, I'm just happy to be going forward, rather than staring at a blank page.

But, as usual, things aren't going to plan. This almost always happens when I have a rough plot outline--the story just doesn't go where I've planned it to go. I know a lot of people can't understand the concept of a story controlling events, but that's just the way it works for me as a pantzer. I can plot all I want, but it's the way words come out, what is said between the characters, that actually control where a story actually goes. I could be aiming for a plot point, but something one of the characters says or does has ideas leaping to the fore, and that's what I follow, rather than the predestined plot point. So when I say the story and the characters control events, what I'm actually meaning is the words I'm putting down is what is controlling direction. Not the actual characters. I'm not crazy. Really. :P

In other news, Tempting Evil has received several more good reviews. There's too many to blurb, so I'll just give the links:

All About Romance
Coffee Time's review
Fresh Fictions Review

And here's some new reviews for Full Moon Rising and Kissing Sin:
Vampire Romance Books
Coffee Time's review of Kissing Sin
Romance Reviews Today review of Kissing Sin

1 Comments:

Blogger Bronwen said...

Oh I know how you feel about plotting. I just can''t do it. The story ends up swinging off into the jungle doing its own thing while I trail in its wake. Words down are good tho.

8:51 PM, February 25, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home