Thursday, February 22, 2007

thankfully...

I'm back in Melbourne. Sydney might be a great place to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there. It's far too muggy for me to handle. I hate walking out of a building, and instantly feeling hot and sticky. Melbourne may get hot--often hotter than Sydney--but we don't often get the high humidity. It's more a dry heat in good old Melbourne town, which I can cope with better. But the food was good, the company even better, and we even had time leftover from committee duties to do some sightseeing :)

Writing wise, not much has been done. Not for lack of trying, mind. I've sat at the computer every day since returning home, and I just haven't been able to type more than a few words. The story wasn't working for me, and I had no idea why. Up until late last night, that is. It was then I realised that it wasn't working because what I'd written just wasn't logical given what had happened over the last two books. In many ways, Riley's not the same person--she's been hurt, emotionally as much as physically, and her carefree attitudes to many things would have at least taken a bit of a dive. She'd still be hurting, and that would change how she interacted with many people.

Once I figured that all out, it was a matter of changing the two offending scenes. Which I've now done, so hopefully tomorrow I'll be able to do a decent amount of writing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home