Tuesday, June 27, 2006

bad muse!

here I am, inundated with edits, snowed under with contract deadlines and books that need to be finished, and what does the muse do? Throw another book idea at me, of course. One it wants to write right now, not ten months down the track. To say this is a little frustrating would be the understatement of the year, I think. :) It nagged me all day yesterday, filling my head with ideas and scene images, so much so that in the end, I stopped editing and actually wrote down all the bits and pieces, as well as the beginning few lines. This one is set in the same 'world' as Destiny, but it's about a private investigator who has 'visions' and who happens to be a phoenix. The hero is a suspended cop under investigation for his partner's death, and he has a whole herd of nasty critters after his hide. I was going to make him a sea dragon originally, but I might well make him something else. What that something else will be I'm not sure until I do some more research. But I'm thinking something a little more obscure in the fantasy ranks (in other words, not a shifter, were or vampire). Of course, I can't do anything more than jot down ideas because of all the books that need finishing first--but I guess it is always nice to know the muse hasn't been stomped down by all the edits and that she continues to work in the background.

Speaking of edits, I'm hoping to get those finished and choofed off to Bantam either today or tomorrow, and by then, I'll probably have the back teaser scenes for FMR to check over. After that, I'm hoping to get back to Destiny. But at least I did manage to sneak in some writing over the weekend and I've crawled past 251 pages completed. Not making any predictions on page count this week--but as long as I get some writing done, I'll be happy :)

4 Comments:

Blogger DelorumRex said...

Hey read your blog.. I dig it.. gave you some props on mine as a result.. pax
DeRex

7:33 AM, June 27, 2006  
Blogger Yolanda Sfetsos said...

Ah, the muse works in mysterious ways, huh? I know how you feel... I'm in the middle of a first draft and have already had two different ideas for characters in the same world!

Still, like you said, it's cool to know the muse is working hard.

Good luck on all the edits Keri!

5:37 PM, June 27, 2006  
Blogger Kez said...

thanks for the plug, DeRex! :)

9:05 AM, July 03, 2006  
Blogger Kez said...

thanks for the good wishes, Y --and goodluch with your novel!

Eskimo Joe's album is great, Amra. I have it on constant rotation at the moment.

9:07 AM, July 03, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home