Tuesday, June 06, 2006

WOOHOO!

the Dangerous Games edits are done and dusted, and the book is off to my editor! Much happy grinning is happening at the moment--though I think even grinning is making the brain hurt right now. I feel like I've been working on these edits forever--I've certainly read the book at least four times since getting back from RT. I've had to, because I've changed several major threads and added a number of whole new scenes. I usually make major changes one thread at a time in an effort to catch all the little mentions. And then, of course, I do the line edits and a final read-through. Even in the final read-through I was catching stuff. It'll be interesting to see if Anne catches any blunders--I wouldn't be surprised if she does. I think I knew the story so well by the last read that I was probably reading what should have been there rather than what was there.

Anyway, it's off and I can finally get back to Destiny. But not tomorrow. Tomorrow I need to catch up on all the other stuff I've ignored over the last few weeks--like updating my website, updating RWAust's website and answering fan mails.

3 Comments:

Blogger Rachel Vincent said...

Wow, you're fast. Congratulations!

6:22 AM, June 07, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

GO YOU!!!!!
The mammoth task is OVER.
I repeat OVER!

Can't wait to read the finished product :)

10:23 PM, June 07, 2006  
Blogger Kez said...

Fast? This coming from the woman who completed her revisions in how many minutes? :D

And Robyn, the sections you've read have changed lots! Gautier is even more evil...

10:10 AM, June 10, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home