Saturday, May 06, 2006

just when I thought I had time to write...

... along come some more edits to spoil the ride. Although Anne (my editor) had warned me she was aiming for a quick turnaround on the Dangerous Games edits (the 4th Riley book), I wasn't actually expecting them to hit me Friday morning. And what's more, after reading the edit letter, there's going to be a few massive changes (bringing Gautier and Kellen into the story more, taking out some characters and scenes that 'float' and really don't add anything to the story.) I've got just over a month to finish them, which is usually more than enough time, but with RT in the middle of it, it might be a little tight. So, of course, what choofs along in the mail Friday afternoon? You guessed it--the copy edits for Kissing Sin. Thankfully, the copy edits aren't actually that hard to do--just a matter of checking the marked corrections, and answering the editorial questions where necessary. They want it back by the 16th, so that means I'm going to have to get them off Monday or Tuesday at the latest. So, if you don't hear from me for a couple of days, I'm head down, bum up doing the edits.

and for those who play the numbers game, I'm currently sitting at 200 pages done on Destiny. Half way there--woohoo!

2 Comments:

Blogger Rachel Vincent said...

Congratulations on the progress. Wasn't 200 pages what you wanted to hit before RT?

Do you get your edits in hard copy of electronic copy?

12:46 AM, May 09, 2006  
Blogger Kez said...

Yep, 200 was my mark, so at least I finally made a target! I would have liked more, mind, but with the edits landing on my doorstep, that's just not going to happen.

I get edits both electronically and hard copy. All the edits from my editor come electronically, and I just send back the fresh copy each time. The copy edits and the galleys come in hard copy.

7:33 AM, May 09, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home