Wednesday, April 19, 2006

slow progress...

had one of those days, yesterday. You know, where everything else seems more enticing to the soul than actually sitting down in front of a computer screen and doing some work. I had to head off the the quacks yesterday morning for a check up, but driving back, the sun was streaming in through the car window and the day was so warm that I just didn't want to stop. So, I went for a bit of a drive through the hills and farms, enjoying the scenery and generally just relaxing. Ended up doing over 80 kilometers in all, so it was quite a drive. And then I get home and eat an easter egg for lunch, and the dogs are bouncing off the walls because they hadn't gone for their usual morning walk, so I gave in and off we went. And the sun was still shining (t-shirt weather in the middle of April? In Melbourne? Who'd have guessed :D ) so we went for an extra long walk (needed to work off that egg somehow!) Our usual walk path is about 7 kilometers (well, 7.2 if we're precise), but yesterday we did about ten. Even the energiser puppy was tired (for all of two seconds). But I did eventally do some writing. Three pages, not a whole lot, but better than nothing. Destiny and Trae are sharing another kiss, but I'm about to shatter all that lovely lip-locking with a little bit of nastiness. They're going to escape Destiny's pursuers by the skin of their teeth. The muse is rubbing her hands at the thought--she just loves throwing crap at my characters :D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home