Tuesday, March 07, 2006

further to previous rant....

A new review popped up on Amazon today, one bemoaning the lack of plot and the 'terminally horny' heroine (made me grin, that). Now, as I've said, I have no problem with the reviewer hating the book. My books aren't for everyone, and I don't pretend to believe otherwise. (hell, my hubby hates my books, and I still love him) What troubles me about this particular review is them saying they heard me on national radio, and that I was making the book sound like it was an 'interesting science fiction' plot. Now, I don't know who this person heard, but it wasn't me. I live in Australia, and to talk on any US radio stations I'd have had to have been up at some ungodly hour of the morning. Trust me, that hasn't happened. In fact, the only radio station I've talked to at all in my forty odd years of life was a sports channel last year who yakked to me because I was a cook at the essendon football club. So, not me raving about the book on radio.

The problem is, of course, if it was supposedly me this reviewer heard on that radio station, then we have an imposter in our midst and I'd sure as hell like to know what is going on. So, if you happen to be out there "Random Access/MMyers46" could you either email me or post a comment, and let me know what station you heard the interview on? Please? Actually, if there's anyone else out there who happened to hear this interview, could you please let me know when and where? Because if that person was pretending to be me, it needs to be followed up.

In other news, I've finished the edits of Tempting Evil, and have choofed that off to my editor, Anne. So I can now, officially, get back to writing the Loch Ness books. But not today. Today is my birthday, and I'm taking a break :D

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday

1:51 AM, March 08, 2006  
Blogger Gail said...

Happy Birthday
Have a great day and enjoy your birthday all week.

9:43 AM, March 08, 2006  
Blogger Yolanda Sfetsos said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KERI!

And I hope that person was just delusional and thought it was you they heard on the radio, not that someone's pretending to be you! That would be awful.

Have a GREAT day!

:)

10:04 AM, March 08, 2006  
Blogger Kez said...

thanks for the birthday wishes, everyone! Had a great day--and didn't have to cook dinner because we had take-away. Always a good thing :)

And Y, I actually think the guy has simply heard some people discussing the book and, for some reason, presumed one was me. I have checked National Radio's website, and can't find any reference. But still, I am following it up, just in case.

10:17 AM, March 08, 2006  
Blogger Rachel Vincent said...

Happy Birthday, Keri! Hope I'm not too late.

3:36 PM, March 08, 2006  
Blogger Kez said...

thanks for the birthday wishes, Amra and Rachel!

10:15 AM, March 09, 2006  
Blogger Kez said...

Hi Maura :)

Glad you enjoyed FMR. And happy belated birthday to your hubby! Hope you both had a good time celebrating :)

11:49 AM, March 13, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home