Monday, February 27, 2006

booksignings and committee meetings

my first ever booksigning went very well indeed. Lots of people popped into the shop for a chat, and lots of books were bought and signed. It was fun chatting to fans--some of whom were also writers--and discussing what they did and didn't like, what characters they loved and wanted to see more of, and where they thought the series might be going. I have to say, though, being in a bookstore for that length of time is dangerous for the pocket--and I'm afraid mine ended up being a whole lot lighter :D I bought Moon Called by Patricia Briggs and Kitty and the Midnight Hour by Carrie Vaughn, and I'm looking forward to reading them both. I also bought a gorgeous 'burgundy dragon' paperback book cover. If you want to check out what it looks like, wander over to the Hidden Secrets site.

The rest of the weekend was spent doing committee stuff--though much fun was had (and wine and chocolate consumed) once the sun went down and we could officially quit working for the day. The hotel was a stones throw away from broadbeach, and our apartment up on the 17th floor, and the view was simply amazing. Blue sea and white sand for as far as the eye could see. Of course, I came home totally stuffed last night, so I'm happy all I have to do today is read through Kissing Sin and check for errors. I don't think the old brain could have coped with anything more detailed.

5 Comments:

Blogger Rachel Vincent said...

Sounds like fun. Those two books are both on my to-be-read list. In fact, I should go pick them up now, while I have the time to read.

Did you get any pictures from the signing?

3:12 AM, February 28, 2006  
Blogger J. Mackin said...

I have also read Patricia Briggs' Moon Called. Good choice! :)

7:35 AM, March 01, 2006  
Blogger Kez said...

I'm reading Moon Called now, and totally enjoying it. I like her take on walkers and shifters.

And no, I didn't get any pictures of the signing--but Rosemary did, so I'm hoping she'll send me some :)

8:00 AM, March 02, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kitty and the midnight hour is good as well. I have not read moon called yet, but it is on my list. I just finished full moon rising and loved it. I cannot wait for the next one.

10:15 AM, March 02, 2006  
Blogger Kez said...

glad you enjoyed FMR, kris!

8:39 PM, March 03, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home