Sunday, February 19, 2006

A whine, and updates

The whine first:

Dear Lost writers....Get on with the story already! Geez! How many times can we watch the same few scenes, with a little extra bit tacked onto the end? Apparently, endlessly, if you're the Lost writers. Get over it--and get on with it already! As much as I love the show, I'm getting a little irked with the drip-feed method of giving us information. And who didn't guess that woman was a spy? Hello, are those men dumb or what? And I'm sorry, but are the writers trying to tell me that the minute the woman punched Sawyer, the other two men wouldn't have jumped on her? That was just stupid.

Liked the whole taking the bullet out of the shoulder bit though--even if it was a little unbelievable.

Okay, I feel better now--onto some updates. We trundled up to Mt. Macedon on Saturday and checked out the park and the cross. It's almost as I had in the book--just had to update a few little details. Given it was such a stunning day, we went for a drive afterwards around the Woodend and Trentham area. Totally pretty area. Anyway, we ended up on this dirt road and were turning around when we saw what looked like a helmet walking along the road. Only it was a helmet with spikes. It was, of course, an echidna. I never actually seen one in the wild before, and this little fellow was quite happily waddling along the grassy strip at the side of the road. Of course, when we stopped to get a closer look, he played turtle and rolled himself into a spikey little ball. A very cute spikey little ball :)

In writing news, I'm half way through the edits on Tempting Evil. It's basically small stuff on this one--thankfully, there's none of the major scene deletions that happened in Kissing Sin. I'm hoping to get everything done this week, because I have an RWA committee meeting up in Queensland next weekend. It's a tough life, being on the committee :D

3 Comments:

Blogger Yolanda Sfetsos said...

Hi Keri!

How you going?

I've been reading your blog for a few weeks and thought it was time to introduce myself. Your blog is very interesting... and as an aspiring Aussie writer, very inspirational too!

Oh, I just wanted to add to your LOST comments. I TOTALLY agree. The first ep in the new season was great, then the next two -- not so great! Actually, the hubby and I are soooooo sick of being strung along, that as of this week we're not watching it anymore. We're done with it.

I'd rather watch real shows like SUPERNATURAL, MEDIUM and HOUSE.

Anyway, have a GREAT day!

9:49 AM, February 20, 2006  
Blogger Kez said...

Hi Y!

I tell you, if the Lost writers don't get their collective act together, I'll probably stop watching it. It's really starting to irratate me. I'd rather watch Supernatural, or House, or SVU.

Goodluck with your writing, Y!

cheers

keri

11:14 AM, March 02, 2006  
Blogger Yolanda Sfetsos said...

Thanks Keri!

6:23 PM, March 03, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home