Wednesday, February 01, 2006

release day!

No, they're not letting the loonies out...Full Moon Rising is out today! Woohoo! It's very exciting to finally have the book out--it seems like ages since I sold it to Bantam, and for a while there, I didn't think this day was ever going to roll around. So, much champers and chocolate will be consumed in the Arthur household today!

As I mention on my website, I'm featured author over in the Spectra Pulse newsletter, so if you want to find out how I came up with the idea for Full Moon Rising, head on over and check it out.

And while I'm here, I just want to send a huge congrats to Rachel, who sold her first novel yesterday! Hope you've cracked open the champers and had a party, Rachel!

In writing news, the edits continue. I've deleted 37 pages now, but have added 34, so I'm really only three pages down on my original count. I'm about a quarter of the way through the major edit run and I'm hoping to finish next week sometime. Then I have to sift through it and do all the line edits. Of course, given how much this book has changed in sections, a lot of them won't apply. I haven't managed to do a whole lot on the Loch Ness book--I edited to late last night rather than let the muse free on Destiny, but I'm hoping to write a bit more tonight. I'm slowly, slowly crawling towards a hundred pages done (I like reaching mini-milestones. One hundred pages is basically a quarter of the book, and it's always nice to get there :)

edited to add: I'm doing a chat with ImaJinn authors Cynthia Eden, Rickey R. Mallory, Lily Saintcrow and Jeanne C. Stein over on Coffee Time Romance at 9 pm EST (which is 1pm Aussie time). Feel free to pop in and say hello!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Got the book delivered today, love the cover. Been looking forward to reading it...sick day tomorrow????

10:59 AM, February 01, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yah!!!
Amazon say my copy is on it's way, can't wait to hold it in my hot little hands :-)
Damn the slow pace of airfreight! damn it!
I see the lovely harriet klausner has already given it a ***** review on barnes & noble :-)
Rocking!

3:51 PM, February 01, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yipeee!!! Happy book day, Ms Keri.

And yes, amazonian deliverys hurry up already.

5:49 PM, February 01, 2006  
Blogger Evangeline Holland said...

I saw the book in Rhapsody just now and since Kim Harrison is recommending it, I am definitely getting it! One more spectacular urban fantasy series into my Must Read list!

7:28 PM, February 01, 2006  
Blogger Rachel Vincent said...

Thanks, Keri, and congratulations! I'm hoping to pick up my copy of FULL MOON RISING today. I tried to buy it last month, and wasn't very successful...

What's a champer?

7:00 AM, February 02, 2006  
Blogger Rachel Vincent said...

I got my copy! I was the first from my book store to buy it--it wasn't even on the shelf yet.

I'm going to read it as soon as I finish CELL. Yea!

10:13 AM, February 02, 2006  
Blogger Kez said...

thanks for the congrats and the good wishes, everyone! It's been such a buzz, getting all the comments :)

and Rachel, let me know what you think of Cell. From the blurbs, it sounds like the old King is back. Yay!

10:30 AM, February 02, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home