Monday, December 05, 2005

good times and good reviews

Having a Lulu crit session and a christmas dinner celebration all in the one day seems to have unglued my muse--at least when it comes to the Loch Ness story. I'd been stuck in chapter two for weeks--I knew how I wanted the chapter to end, but I just wasn't sure how to get there--or if what I'd done so far made sense or was complete and utter crap. I'm glad to report that according to the lulu's, it isn't crap :) Last night, the muse got its act together, and we wrote 7 pages in a couple of hours, and have rolled into chapter three. Not a bad effort of all. Maybe I need to ply my muse with champagne and cocktails a little bit more often--she seems to like it :)

In other news, Penumbra has picked up a couple of good reviews. Kathy Samuals, from Romance Reviews Today, had this is say:

Shapeshifters, murders, and mysteries abound as Sam tries to come to terms with her psychic gifts. What was the nature of the military project Penumbra, and was Sam a part of it? Secondary characters add to the plot by providing clues to Sam's past, even as they paint a bleak picture of a possible future. To understand the characters and the back story, readers should definitely check out the first two books in the series before starting this one. PENUMBRA is probably my favorite of the three, as the action, which was never bad, has picked up even more, along with the relationship between Sam and Gabriel. I can't wait for the next book to see where these two go.

and Amanda from The Eternal Night had this to say:

The world Ms. Arthur has created is as complex as any urban fantasy setting out there. Something for everyone is in this book; a touch of romance, action, mystery, suspense, a warm family setting that provides intriguing secondary characters, and incredible beings who are not strictly human. This series has not lost its strength yet, and shows no sign of doing so.


now I've just got to figure out the next book--and find the time to write it.

6 Comments:

Blogger Kez said...

thanks for the congrats! Considering the trouble this story gave me, it's a good result :)

10:01 AM, December 05, 2005  
Blogger RenĂ©e said...

Great reviews, Keri. And whaddaya mean...next book!
BTW, I've only read the first chapter, but I'm loving the Loch Ness story. Beautiful and haunting. Please finish it:)

1:10 PM, December 05, 2005  
Blogger Kez said...

well, you see, Penumbra didn't exactly end how I was planning it to end. Nothing in that story went as planned (in as much as I ever plan). So, now I'm left with threads that need to be tied up...and I can't say anything more without stepping into spoiler territory.

As for the Loch Ness story... thanks! Hopefully, this one does have the legs to finish, because I'm enjoying it. Not sure if you'd define it as haunting any more, though.

1:16 PM, December 05, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi!
Congrats on the reviews and the have Merry X-mas and Happy New Year!
I love your blog!

7:59 AM, December 26, 2005  
Blogger Kez said...

Thanks, EA!

Hope your Christmas is a good one :)

10:01 AM, December 26, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the Sam and Gabriel series... did you ever write #4? You are my favorite new author - I can't wait for the next books to come out. I started with Riley and worked by way backwards... Thanks for your gifts to us!

3:31 PM, June 30, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home