Wednesday, December 20, 2006

it's finished...!

Destiny Kills has finally reached the end...yaaayyyyyyy! mucho happy dancing was done on this side of the pond, I can tell you. It's only 390 pages, but considering I'd begun to fear it might be a whole lot lower than that, I'm not going to bitch. It is only 10 pages short of the 400 mark, after all, and edits might add some pages anyway. But it's finished!

As you can tell, there's a whole lot of relief happening here.

Of course, now I have to swing around and immediately start the massive edits on Embraced by Darkness, so I'm not out of the writing woods yet. But at least I have something to work with once I do finish Riley's edits. I'm not totally convinced the ending is as powerful as I want it to be, nor am I sure that the last few chapters--the chapters I wrote after working on Embraced for so long--even match the previous sections in mood and voice. But I finally have words on page and as they say, words can be fixed, whatever state they're in. Blank pages can not.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm jealous. I don't know that I have 400 pages in me. I get to 20 pages and that's it. It's over. So, Congrats.

2:12 AM, December 22, 2006  
Blogger Kez said...

the secret is to set yourself mini goals. Try for 25 pages, then 30 etc. Eventually you'll be writing long books in no time. The first books I wrote weren't 100 000 words--I doubt they even made 50 000. It's just a matter of training the muse to think long.

so don't give up!

8:30 AM, January 15, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home